When deciding what stand mixer to go for, you can’t just buy one on the basis that it’s the newest and most innovative type out. When choosing the best one for your home, there are a few things you must consider first.
Before checking out the different websites that offer stand mixers, think about how often you are actually going to the use device. If you only bake or cook occasionally, then it might be best to settle for a unit that offers the most basic features. However, if you are thinking about experimenting and improving your cooking skills, then go for something that would give you various options for mixing.
For example, some mixers do not have functions that accommodate dough while others are perfectly up to the task. Consider what you are going to make with the device before you make any decisions. If you are residing in a large household or often cooking for a number of people, then it’s also important to think about the capacity of your chosen stand mixer.
Quick Content Navigation
- Buying Guide – What is your budget?
- How to Choose – Read Reviews
- How to Find the Best – Browse. Browse. Browse.
- What Are the Best Stand Mixer Features
- Top 5 Rated Mixers Comparison
- Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer Review
- Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer Review
- KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer 6-Quart
- KitchenAid K45SS Classic 250-Watt Stand Mixer 4 1-2-Quart
- KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series
Buying Guide – What is your budget?
Some can pitch up to 400 dollars, depending on its capacity and features. After considering what you want to have in your model, then start scouting for ones that fit your needs and price range.
How to Choose – Read Reviews
Don’t just settle for reading the features of the product, instead go further and read the reviews of people who actually tested the product. Here you’ll find if the detailed features actually work plus any other problems that you might encounter.
How to Find the Best – Browse. Browse. Browse.
See as many models as possible and don’t just buy one that “looks ok”. Chances are you’ll find better models as you go along the search. Compare prices from different stores and try to find better deals if you can. Start targeting brands that are popular with the stand mixer industry and work your way to other models or brands. You’ll be surprised at just how affordable and ideal some models of quality brands are out in the market for your perusal.
What Are the Best Stand Mixer Features
To give you an idea, some of the most commonly seen features in mixers today is the countdown timer, slow start option, spouts, lids and auto shut off. These are features you might want to look for since they are the ones that will add to the efficiency of the product. Keep in mind that the best stand mixer is the newest or the one with the most features. The best for you would be the one that answers all your needs, providing quality results with whatever task you might put it to.
Top 5 Rated Mixers Comparison
*Results Are Based On Amazon.com Stand Mixers Consumer Reports & Reviews*
Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer Review
Operating at 800 watts, the Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stan Mixer comes with 12 speed options for optimum mixing capacity. Dimensions of the model include 10 inches length, 15.5 depths and 12.5 height. An innovative design from Cuisinart, it comes with various features as well as a stylish design that makes it the best appliance for the kitchen.
- Weighs lightly at 21 pounds.
- Features a tilt back head with a head-lift release lever that locks your mixer into tilt-back position.
- Comes with a three year product warranty.
- Allows for a five year motor warranty.
- Features a top cover to prevent spills during mixing.
- Allows for three ports of attachments.
- Comes with a high capacity 5.5 Quart Stainless Steel Bowl with handles for easy use.
- Features auto shut off functions.
- Comes with a 15-minute countdown timer.
- Boasts of a Splashguard along with pour spout.
- The unit comes with a chef’s whisk, flat mixing paddle and dough hook.
- Comes in various colors of white, black and brushed chrome.
- Easy to clean power unit using only damp cloth and dry.
- Unit comes with a recipe book to get you started.
- Bowls and tools are perfectly dishwasher safe.
When it comes to attachments, the following items come with this mixer for mixing tasks:
– The flat mixing paddle will handle most mixing chores like mixing batters and sauces.- The dough hook is especially good for kneading bread dough.- The whisk is perfect for whipping meringue and other whipped items.
This machine will help home chefs prepare meals and treats with ease. Favorite dishes and baked goods are so much simpler when the mixer puts in its action. It also has extra parts for meat grinding and other tasks. Here are some of the popular foods that are at least partially made using the mixer:
– Chocolate mouse- Cupcake batter- Divinity- Italian dressing- Macaroons- Pancake batter- Ranch or queso dip
Recipes that people do not start because they dread how long they will have to be in the kitchen making them are actually not time consuming when they are combined in the mixer. Making homemade bread is such a simple process when the stand mixer does the work.
Pros and Cons
With its three color options, it is easy to find a Cuisinart 5.5 Mixer unit that would blend in well with the modern kitchen. The unit comes with three attachments plus a recipe book to get you started with cooking. The great thing about this model is its great power wattage power, rivaling other mixers out in the market. This 800 wattage feature ensures that the mixer can take care of high volume batches as well as knead dough for break or pizza. The unit can be very easy to clean, with various tools being dishwasher safe.
A countdown timer of 15 minutes plus an auto shut down feature allows you to mix and blend your recipes for the exact time span you want without too much supervision. The top cover ensures that you don’t have to clean up unnecessary spills along the way. Its 5.5 Quart Stainless Steel bowl is capable of handling large batches and comes with a handle for a much more efficient handling.
Being lighter than other models, this Cuisinart model is easier to move around compared to its other counterparts. However, being lighter also means the unit has the tendency to vibrate especially when used at full speed.
To sum it up, the Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer model is an excellent choice for people who want quality while saving up on money. It’s various top features rivals those of its close competitors without the high prices. A great value for your money, both amateur and professional cooks can get the results they want from this unit from simple recipes to those that need more muscles in mixing. Add its sleek and stylish design to the mix and this Cuisinart best model makes a great addition to the kitchen.
Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer Review
The Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer models come in various colors that would allow you to choose the best one that suits your kitchen. From apple green, carmine red, pineapple yellow, ultra marine, sugar white and licorice black – one could choose and blend it in with the general interior decorating motif. Not only that, this particular model also comes with different features that rival its competitors at an excellent price.
- Features a powerful 400 watt motor.
- Comes with 12 different speed settings for a wide range of options.
- Designed for high quality mixing with the rotating head and beater moves at opposite directions to allow for maximum mixing results.
- Comes with a 4.5 Quart stainless steel bowl.
- Mixer is made from die-cast steel for strength and durability.
- Bowl may be locked at the base for security each time.
- Features a ready-made chute used for adding ingredients in.
- Comes with a quick release tilt-head up for greater access.
- Compact size compared to other mixers at dimensions of 9 by 14 by 14 inches.
- Unit weighs at about 19.8 pounds.
- The model comes with a user manual as well as recipes to help you get started
- Other accessories included are wire whisk, flat beater and dough hook.
Pros and Cons
Users of the Hamilton Beach Mixer line find that the unit is every bit as capable of doing high quality mixes and could knead dough as wonderfully as some of its high-end rivals. It can take care of large dough batches without overheating and could easily mix large batches of recipes that you can fit in its bowl. It features twelve different speed settings as well as a powerful motor and die cast steel body ensuring that it would last a long time. The readymade chute makes it easier to put in ingredients during mixes while the opposing movements of the beater and rotating head allows for high quality results. The bowl lock feature also adds to the model’s overall stability.
With size and weight pretty much resembling other stand mixers, the unit takes up the same amount of space, providing the same level of efficiency at a lower price. Sold at significantly lower prices than other stand mixers, the Hamilton Stand Mixer definitely delivers.
As mentioned, the model comes in a sleek styled package that has a variety of colors to choose from, making it easy to blend in with your kitchen décor. However, its weight which is a bit lighter than other models can sometimes cause vibrations during stirring, especially when done at high speed levels.
All in all, the Hamilton Mixer would be the best choice for both small and large households. It is ideal for people who love to cook traditional recipes for an average batch of people at regular intervals. With a multitude of colors to choose from as well as a sleek and stylish design, the unit will never look out of place in a kitchen. Quick and efficient, this particular model will serve you well in the kitchen for a long time.
KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer 6-Quart
The KitchenAid KP25M1XOB Pro six hundred Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer is a commercial-grade machine that’s best for the home cook and baker. This is a tough mixer that can manage any mixer activity. The machine features a motor with a whopping 575 watts as well as a direct-drive transmission. The user can count on precision with its ten readily available speeds. The all-metal appliance is built for high quality function and sturdiness for many years of dependable service.
Even though we admire many facets of this machine, the performance qualities are the primary concern with me. After the user sets the speed, the powerful mixer has a sensor that keeps the motor running at the same speed as ingredients enter the bowl. The easy pouring shield as well as the Slow-Start both prevent splashing. An additional sensor turns the motor off automatically when the mixer is overworked and the motor is too hot. This automated shut-off function keeps the motor from overheating and saves your mixer from any damage that may occur. This mixer comes with other accessories and attachments for mixing. Listed below are the attachments which are included using the mixer and their functions :
- The flat beater will mix most batters and dough.
- The dough hook is usually a spiral tool that kneads bread.
- The wire whip is best for whipping cream and puddings.
- The pouring shield is usually a touch guard.
With these attachments, the user can prepare food without a lot of work. A number of diverse foods which can be prepared with minimum effort by this mixer, utilising the above attachments are:
- Cheese cake
- Pie dough
- Pie filling
- Zucchini bread
A home cook can experiment and enjoy baking in a straight forward way her fave dishes and treats with this stand mixer. A solid built machine, it is actually heavy at roughly thirty pounds. I might recommend customers find an permanent spot for the appliance on a kitchen counter so it doesn’t have to be moved around. People should really be conscious of its size for the reason that it requires a space that is, at the very least, twenty inches tall, wide and deep.
We think that anyone that tends to make a major investment in an appliance that they would prefer to use fairly regularly in their kitchens may also have to weigh the negatives against the pluses. Understanding the machine’s constraints and its favorable qualities helps customers make an educated decision that they can be satisfied with.The Pros
- The stainless-steel bowl simply lifts into and out of its cradle.
- The bowl is sufficiently large to accomplish as much as eight loaves of bread or 1 or two groups of cookies right away.
- The spiral dough hook is a fantastic style.
- The speeds have conspicuous variations between speed numbers.
- The mixer is very simple to assemble, use and clean.The Cons
- Tiny amounts like 1 or two eggs need bowl adjusting or the attachments won’t attain.The Cons
- The flourished steel attachments aren’t dishwasher safe. – The slowest speed is also swiftly for beginning.
- Comes with a powerful 575 watt motor.
- Features a 6 quart stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Comes with an auto-shut off function.
- Boasts of the Soft Start technology which minimizes messy splatters when mixing.
- The model comes with a wire whip, pouring shield and burnished flat beater.
- Comes with a spiral dough hook that makes kneading and mixing much easier.
- Created with all-steel parts for durability.
- Features an electronic speed sensor.
- Measurement in inches: 16.5 height, 11.3 width and 14.6 depth
- Weighs at 25 pounds.
- This mixer uses the Planetary Mixing Technology which thoroughly mixes the ingredients with the help of opposing shaft and beater movements.
- Boasts of ten speed options that may be adjusted via slide control.
All round, we really feel this mixer is a fabulous addition to any kitchen. The negatives never outweigh the pluses. Together with the investment, consumers get a machine ready to perform. The appliance comes in a choice of colors to match with any decor, and it looks stylish on any kitchen counter. A one year limited warranty also comes with this KitchenAid mixer.
KitchenAid Professional 600 Series – Product Features and Review
The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Mixer comes in various colors ranging from white, empire red, onyx black, red cayenne, pearl metallic and other host of shades. The various colors make it easier to choose a design that complements your kitchen as well as performs the task you want. This Mixer from KitchenAid also comes with various features that makes it an excellent product to have at home
The great thing about the KithchenAid Professional is the fact that it comes with a high wattage that you don’t need to be overly concerned when its starts kneading dough for you. The model is strong enough to handle even double batches of recipe without any apparent problems. Being the Professional version, its mixing bowl comes in a larger size plus a head tilt that makes pouring easier.
It comes with ten speed options to suit various recipes needs, allowing you to knead dough as well as create soft and light cake icing. The unit’s soft start option makes it possible to avoid the spills and leaks that often result from starting off at a high speed level. Equipped with advanced sensors, the Professional 600 Series is capable of automatically shutting off the minute you place too much ingredients in the bowl. Hence, no need to worry whether you are overloading it or not, the device will do it for you!
Quick and efficient, it not only allows for faster baking time but also high quality results. One drawback however is the fact that it takes up considerable space on your counter. A bit on the big side, we suggest that you pick an accessible space for it since it can be very hard to move around.
All in all, the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer could be the best choice for your kitchen, especially if you’re the type who loves to cook. Not only is it a powerful mixer but also capable of various features that makes it excellent company for the passionate cook. Designed to look elegant in whatever décor you put it in, it comes with various color options ranging from shades of blue, black, red and many more.
KitchenAid K45SS Classic 250-Watt Stand Mixer 4 1-2-Quart
We recommend the KitchenAid K45SS Classic 250-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer, a basic all-in-one top machine that comes with three mixer attachments and has 250 watts for motor power. With its 10 speeds and 4 and 1/2 quart bowl, the appliance will perform the tasks needed in a mixer. Besides mixer attachments, interested customers can purchase an additional attachment set that uses the machine for slicing, mincing and much more. The best mixer is compact in size and ready to perform, and the color options make it attractive with any kitchen decor.
Taking up less than 15 square inches of counter space, we find the stand mixer uses its 250-watt motor to perform mixer tasks for one batch of cookies, bread or cake at once. We do not recommend trying to do double bread recipes in this model. Besides the bowl, here are the attachments that come with the KitchenAid K45SS:
- – The flat beater will take care of all mixing and beating jobs.
- – The dough hook is designed for kneading, but too many batches can overload the motor.
- – The wire whip will whip air into foods that should be light and fluffy like whipped cream.
These three useful attachments will help home cooks prepare hundreds of wonderful foods right in their own kitchen. Cooking and baking is so much simpler with an easy-to-use mixer. Here is just a short list of the many foods that can be partly or mostly prepared in this mixer:
- – Banana bread
- – Cupcakes
- – Crepes
- – Crepe filling
- – Eggs for a frittata
- – Onion dip
- – Pizza
- – Poppy seed rolls
- – Rye bread
With so many foods that are possible with the mixer, we would never be able to cook them all. Cooks can have fun trying numerous new recipes with the mixer so that menus do not become boring. With the extra attachments, the mixer is capable of so much more. Here are just some of the tasks handled by the attachments that can be ordered:
- – Grating
- – Juicing
- – Meat grinding
- – Mincing
- – Slicing
A useful machine that can accomplish so many different jobs is a useful addition in any kitchen. With proper care and use, this mixer should last through years of service.
The Pros and Cons
While every customer would prefer to be able to trust that nothing would be negative about appliances that are purchased from any manufacturer, products always have their strong and weak points like anything else in life. We find taking a look at the good and the bad is a wise habit for making purchases.
– The dough hook makes it so much easier to knead bread.- The bowl and motor power for this mixer is strong enough for recipes making two loaves of bread.- Solid and sturdy, the mixer is heavy and should have a permanent place on the counter for convenient use.- Even inexperienced cooks can use this mixer.- The mixer is built to endure much use over many years.
- – Does not have enough power for multiple batches of bread.
- – Residue does stick to the side of the bowl and the user must stop the machine and scrape the sides infrequently.
This respectable smaller mixer in the line of top quality mixers by KitchenAid will perform well when the directions are closely followed. We find this appliance is an excellent basic performer for mixing and other tasks. A 1-year warranty comes with the machine.
KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series
We find that the KitchenAid KV25GOXBU Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer is a commercial grade machine that comes in several colors to match kitchen decor. We recommend that a designated 16 square inches of space be set aside on home and commercial kitchen countertops for this attractive stand mixer. The appliance is tall. The powerful 450-watt motor has a transmission that is all-steel and has direct drive. The machine is manufactured from the best die-cast metal for endurance and heavy-duty use. For mixing and other kitchen duties, this mixer is ready to make cooking and baking easy.
The primary features and functions of the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus include all the basic mixing tasks with ten speeds and a Soft-Start to prevent splashing. As a safety measure, this best machine has an automatic shut-off feature to avoid over-heating the motor. We like the lift function with easy removal of attachments and the 5-quart bowl. Here are the attachments that come with the mixer:
- – A flat beater
- – A spiral dough hook
- – A wire whisk
These attachments help the user to prepare a variety of different dishes, baked goods and treats like the following:
- – Biscuits
- – Divinity candy
- – Fudge
- – Herb butter
- – Hollandaise sauce
- – Chocolate pudding
- – Whole wheat bread
This mixer also uses extra attachments for accomplishing even more kitchen tasks for busy cooks. We recommend the additional KitchenAid FPPA Pack of mixer attachments that provide functions like the following:
- – Grating
- – Juicing
- – Meat grinding
- – Pasta making
- – Slicing
We find that so much can be done using this one machine that home and commercial chefs are able to whip up more and more recipes in record time. The stand mixer is easy to use and is built to last for years to come.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Like me, other buyers who are out shopping for kitchen appliances want to learn the strengths and weaknesses of products before they purchase them. They want to know the facts so that they can make a knowledgeable decision regarding their purchase. Here are the main points to note:
- – The use must turn off the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl from time to time to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- – On some machines, the gears are loose and wear down quickly so that the machine must be returned to the manufacturer.
- – When kneading dough, the motor quickly shuts off so as to not over-heat.
- – The slow start feature lets the user turn the mixer on without making a splashing mess of the contents in the bowl.
- – The mixer motor operates quietly.
- – The bowl with this mixer is significantly wider than the Artisan bowl made by KitchenAid.
- – The lift is easy to handle, and the bowl and attachments are simple to assemble and remove.
- – KitchenAid provides a useful warranty.
The Overall Performance
When looking at the entire performance of this mixer, we find that it is especially a good stand mixer for mixing more than one batch of a recipe at a time. It will do all needed mixing, beating and kneading tasks. Then, the extra attachments provide an added variety of functions that help with food preparation. We are glad that the machine will shut off before overheating, but we wish it would not shut off so quickly when kneading bread. Still, for most tasks the motor packs plenty of power and is ready to do the work.