The Snap Circuits SC-300 Kit is a toy for the budding engineer. It seems like all kids love to build things. If your kid falls into this category then this is one item you should definitely consider. You may think it’s just another construction set; there are so many of them on the market. But once you look inside the box you’ll quickly discover this is something more.
The first thing you’ll notice is that there are over 60 parts that can be snapped together to create different devices. That means this will never get old as there are over 300 different projects just waiting to be built. It’s all in here. There are lights, motors, sounds and much more. Once your child digs in he’ll be learning, experimenting and creating, all while having more fun than you can imagine.
Breaking it down you see that there are electrical circuit components included in this kit. And they’re not just cheap toys. They are much like the ones you’ll find in any electric device such as televisions, radios and computers. What do those devices use? Well if you open them up you’ll find wires, resistors, and motorized fans. Sometimes you’ll find speakers, an LED light, a battery holder or a lamp. You will find all of those same things in this kit.
You also get a plastic grid where you can place your work while building. This keeps everything neatly together, meaning all you need to do is snap the electrical components onto the grid and you will quickly be creating basic circuits and electrical devices.
And what kind of devices will your child be building? Well for starters he can build a speaker, a motor, a lamp, and LED light, an alarm or a fan motor. Once those things are mastered additional pieces and kits can be purchased. Combine them to make completely new projects. It’s almost impossible to run out of possibilities.
The included instructions make things easy. They are precise and color coded meaning your child will be able to accurately make any project. And each project is given a level of difficulty rating. That means he or she can start out with something simple. Then as his knowledge and confidence increased, he can move on to bigger and more complicated projects.
But you are not limited to the projects that are included in the manual. With a little imagination and help from parents there are so many different things your child can build.
So while we classify this as a toy, it’s really something more. It’s a learning device that will guide your child into developing several different skills. As a parent you’ll appreciate it because it forces your child to think and create. For those reasons the Snap Circuits SC-300 Kit has won many awards. It won the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval. The kit was listed in the Dr. Toy 100 Best Children’s Products. And it was also listed in the Dr. Toy Best Educational Products. That’s a pretty nice list of achievements and awards.
The box says this kit is recommended for kids ages 8 and up. However if your child has the needed skills, he could be using it at a younger age as well, especially with your help. It’s a great item for parents and children to sit down together and have fun creating.
The Snap Circuits SC-300 kit has everything you and your child will need to get started creating and building fun projects immediately, then over and over again.
Top 5 Best Snap Circuits SC-300 Kits
[tabs] [tab title=”No. #1″]
- Projects involve AM radio, burglar alarm and more
- Educational toy contains over 60 parts
- Requires 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- AWARDS: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
- Contains over 60 Snap-Together parts. Build over 300 exciting projects.
- Get the additional parts and manuals to take your Snap Circuit Kit to the next level
- UC-30 Converts your Snap Circuits SC-100 to the Snap Circuits SC-300
- Includes 30 new parts including AM radio components, transistors, ICs, capacitors, resistors, and more
- 200 more projects
- Part of the extremely popular Snap-Circuits educational electronics series from Elenco Electronics
- Electrical parts provide students grades 2 and up (age 7+) with hands-on experience designing and building models of working electrical circuits
- Snap-together parts require no tools and ensure correct connections
- Includes 30 parts, and instructions for over 100 projects, including working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, and an adjustable-volume siren
- Requires 2 AA batteries (sold separately)
- Awards: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
- Complete over 300 Snap-Circuits experiments
- Computer Interface Kit Included
- Includes an additional 20-plus computer interfaced experiments
- Requires 4 "AA" batteries (Not included)
- Requires 4 "AA" batteries ( Not included )
- Snap-Circuits Are The Best Introduction To Hands On Electronics Experimentation On The Market.
- Complete Over 300 Snap-Circuits Experiments.
- Computer Interface Kit Included.
- DR. TOY 100 BEST CHILDREN'S PRODUCTS!
Last update on 2017-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API