The Melissa and Doug Kitchen has everything that a budding little chef would need in their pretend house or restaurant. Melissa and Doug never fail in their delivery of quality children’s toys, and the Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen is no exception.
Melissa and Doug started twenty years ago in their garage. From these humble beginnings, they have now become a trusted and quality toy designer and manufacturer. Their philosophy to ensure that every customer is a happy member of the Melissa and Doug family shows in the quality and fun toys that they bring out every year.
One of their most trusted ranges is the wooden toys products. They have been consistently producing high quality wooden toys, including wooden kitchens and workshops that have engaged children in good, honest and fun role play. Children love to be like mom and dad, and these role play toys produced by Melissa and Doug are up there with the best.
The Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen is sturdily constructed especially for the rough toddler treatment that can occur. It includes a three burner cook top and an oven that has clicking knobs. There is a sink, which is removable, that also has a tap. There is lots of storage in the refrigerator and shelving area underneath the bench top. A great little working area that has a cutting board is also included on the bench top area. For the perfectionist cook, there is a real working timer as well.
It may sound like this wooden kitchen is going to take up an entire room with all of its features, but the truth is, it is actually a very compact role play toy. There are some other toy wooden kitchens on the market that will take up a lot of room, and that is fine as long as you have a space to put it. This little wooden kitchen is so compact it will fit nicely into most children’s rooms or playrooms without standing out or getting in the way.
A bit of assembly is required to get this toy kitchen up and running, but from all reports, it is very easy to put together. It is a colorful toy with its red, blue and white theme, making it easy to fit into any color scheme at home.
The Melissa and Doug Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen is highly recommended for those families who don’t have too much spare space in their homes. The bench top is a great height that suits a good range of children of different ages. You could spend a lot more on a toy kitchen and get a few more features included, but for a really good basic toy kitchen that can provide hours of role playing fun, you should have a look at buying the Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen.
Top 5 Best Melissa And Doug Kitchen Sets
[tabs] [tab title=”No. #1″]
- Compact wooden kitchen with realistic details to stir up imaginations
- Features refrigerator, cook top, oven, removeable sink, a working timer, and more
- 26"H x 36"L x 16"W assembled
- Contains small parts, adult assembly required
- Ages 3 years and up
- Easy to assemble charcoal-colored wooden modern play kitchen--roomy enough for multiple kids to play at once
- Includes oven, stove, microwave, sink, refrigerator with working ice dispenser, freezer, ample storage space for easy cleanup
- Innovative ice maker dispenses two included "ice cubes," dials turn, microwave plate spins, grocery check list, movable hooks, doors open and close
- Perfect for kitchen accessory play sets, pretend food collections, and play pantry products
- Ages 3 years and up; 43.25" x 39" x 15.5" assembled
- Includes colander, pot with lid, 2 pans, 2 wooden utensils, and rack
- Hand-polished stainless steel
- Sturdy looped handles with riveted construction
- Large size for extra-large portions of fun!
- Dishwasher safe
- Sturdy wooden food set featuring items from the five food groups for healthy pretend play
- Includes watermelon, corn, milk, cheese, cereal, fish, eggs, and more
- Stores neatly in four wooden crates
- Fun and educational whether as a stand-alone or as part of a play kitchen
- Ages 3 years and up
- 11-piece wooden hand-crank mixer set
- Includes mixer, bowl, sliceable wooden egg and butter, loaf, cake pan, pretend cake mix box, cake pan, wooden knife, recipe card
- Numbered dial turns and crank spins mixer bowl
- Encourages creative thinking and imaginative play and promotes memory and number skills
- Ages 3 years and up; 13.75" x 10" x 5" package
Last update on 2017-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API