Truth be told, I always preferred Hot Wheels to Matchbox cars. But Matchbox made some great cars that Hot Wheels did not, so I definitely had more than my share of them as well.
Lesney Products, a British company, first introduced these cars in the 1950’s. Since that time they’ve basically stuck to the same format, great die cast cars. But that is changing this year with the introduction of Rocky the Robot Truck.
Dump trucks have always been popular with kids. I presume it’s because they are interactive. Rocky is no exception. Rocky the Robot Truck drives, lifts and of course dumps all by himself. It’s a fully functional working truck. But there’s more to it than that. Rocky sings. Rocky can dance on his back wheels. And Rocky talks and tells jokes appropriate to almost any situation. And the play interactivity doesn’t stop there. Push him along and his headlights come on, the engine roars and his brake lights glow. But if you want a little piece and quiet, Rocky the Robot Truck can have his sound turned off as well.
This truck is made of heavy duty plastic making him tough and durable. Bottom line is that it’s a great toy for any child aged three and up through grade school. But older siblings and even parents will probably want to play with him as well.
Remember the great fun you had with Matchbox cars as a kid? I certainly remember my James Bond “Goldfinger” Aston Martin with the guns that came out of the grill, the bullet proof shield and the ejector passenger seat. What a cool car that was! I saw that same car for a collector’s website selling for much more than my parents surely paid for it.
I’m suggesting that Rocky will become the same kind of valuable collectible, but I’m sure our kids will have just as much fun playing with him as we had playing with our Matchbox cars. Of course there are still plenty of basic and detailed die cast cars available now as well. Pick up a few of these to go along with the new truck.
Top 5 Best Matchbox Rocky The Robot Trucks
[tabs] [tab title=”No. #1″]
- ROCKY THE ROBOT TRUCK IS A LITTLE ROCK HAULER.
- Now boys can interact with their new best friend
- The interactive dump truck
- He speaks over 100 phrases talking and interacting with kids and even tells jokes
- Rocky goes to sleep and guess what, he even snores
- Finalists for 10th Annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards
- Fun-loving working and talking truck
- Sure to quickly become a boy's favorite truck!
- Truck undergoes a unique transformation
- Complete with lights, sounds and phases
- Chucky styling makes them easy for little hands to grasp
- Smokey is a real working fire truck brought to life
- This interactive buddy talks, tells jokes, eats, exercises and sings
- Smokey is a freewheeling friend is complete with movable hoses that spray water mist
- Features expandable ladders and sensors that respond to the child's movements
- Kids will love interacting with their new friend
Last update on 2017-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API