We’ve already talked about one LEGO game on this blog when we wrote about Minotaurus being one of the top toys of this year. But there’s another one that’s also going to be big. The Harry Potter phenomenon has not died down a bit and the LEGO Hogwarts game takes full advantage.
Basically this game is something for little Potter fans that they will continue to play with as they get older. And it’s a board game that again, is great for the smaller fan and that they will continue to play as they grow.
What the LEGO Hogwarts game does is combine those famous building blocks with the adventures and thrills in the Harry Potter saga. It’s an imagination stretching toy that will allow little ones the chance to incorporate the characters they love into their own masterpiece.
There’s plenty of room for creativity with 332 pieces that are used to build a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You build the LEGO die and manuever 9 small figures of all your favorite movie characters.
The actual game play consists of 2 to 4 players moving through secret passages and staircases that move to get around the castle. As you move, you must get your homework assignments from each class. If you are the first person to get all your assignments and arrive back to the common room you are the winner.
But let’s not forget where you are. You are in a magic school, and that means you’ll need to be ready for some sorcery at all times. Your opponents can relocate the staircases and create different obstacles for you to traverse through. As such, no two games are ever the same. The excitement builds since there are a limitless number of ways you and your opponents can try to stop each other as you attempt to become the top wizard.
We all know building with LEGO blocks is great fun, but then playing a game that is seperate from the blocks give you just another way to enjoy this fun toy. Yes it is made for children, but adults will also have fun with the LEGO Hogwarts game. It’s simple enough for kids, but complex enough that parents will also have fun. Especially parents that enjoy the Harry Potter series.
Parents will also like the fact that the game will allow their children to really stretch their creativity and imagination. While there is a basic premise, it is not set in stone, so the game can be easily adapted and played in a number of different ways.
Another plus for parents is the fact that the game is easy to store. It’s made to fit nicely in the box without having to go through the chore of disassembling everything. You can literally take it back out and play. No fun ruining set up or taking apart every time. And the instructions are easy to understand too.
The LEGO Hogwarts game is one toy that will be fun for both kids and parents. And just like kids can watch the Harry Potter movies over and over, they’ll enjoy playing this game many times as well.
Top 5 Best LEGO Hogwarts Games
[tabs] [tab title=”No. #1″]
- Harry Potter, Hermione Grange and 9 other characters exclusive: Lord Voldemort, Albus Dumbledore, Professors Snape, McGonagall, Flitwick and many more
- Dumbledore's office features the Sorting Hat, Gryffindor's Sword, a Basilisk fang and secret sliding stairs
- Gryffindor common room features fireplace with Sirius Black's face
- Tom Riddle's book hidden in the Kinght's armour
- Includes 1,290 LEGO pieces
- Includes Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Professor Sprout, Professor Lupin, Gregory Goyle, Death Eater, Dementor minifigures
- Hogwarts castle features the Caves, Room of Requirement, Lupin's Office, Astronomy Tower, Magical Mirror Room with The Mirror of Erised and Divination Room
- Exploding bridge
- Protect Hogwarts against Lord Voldemort's evil followers!
- 466 Pieces
- Includes 5 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood and Draco Malfoy
- Hogwarts Express accessories include food trolley, suitcases, ice cream, owls, Invisibility Cloak and more
- Remove passenger car roof to reveal inside
- Open baggage compartment
- 646 LEGO pieces
- 1 buildable LEGO Die
- 9 LEGO microfigures which includes Harry Potter(TM), Hermione Granger(TM), Ron Weasley(TM), Draco Malfoy(TM) and Albus Dumbledore(TM)
- Includes building instructions and 1 rule booklet
- 2 to 4 players
- 322 LEGO pieces
Last update on 2017-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API