Quick Content Navigation
LeapFrog My Pal Violet – A Calming And Soothing Friend
This toy got a five out of five star rating. LeapFrog My Pal Violet is a learning toy that entertains at the same time. The fact that it’s an interactive companion for your child, usually recommended for three years old down to six months, means that this cuddly creature will be lighting up, playing music and speaking your child’s name and reciting their favorite things in a singsongy voice that children love. This toy signifies the advances made possible in the world of children’s toys, thanks to high tech computer geeks working endless hours, chasing that one device that’s going to change the world. My Pal Violet simply hooks up with your computer and uses an internet connection application through the USB cable, which is included in its package.
What’s not to like about the LeapFrog My Pal Violet?
As I mentioned before, the voice is calming and soothing for a child and is designed with plush, colorful, cuddly fabric. Young girls love this as much as babies. Whenever it plays music or speaks, it lights up and has a little nametag that is attached to it. The paws have sewn in detailing, rather than glued on decals, and the nametag is made from durable plastic that is unlikely to snap off. There are no pieces that are considered removable that could be construed a choking danger. These toys get lugged around, they get their ears gnawed on and will be carried and dragged everywhere. They never complain, and it can stand up to even the toughest workout.
There’s a closure with Velcro, which holds the compartment for batteries, off and on switch, volume control and USB port safely inside. Yes I said volume control; not just on and off. This little puppy can either be set for quiet, normal or completely off. If it is manually turned off, the child will not be able to initiate sound with the usual pressing of the paws; rather an adult will have to switch on the master control. Balanced sound is provided by speakers, which are inside of this plush cuddly buddy. And you will need a screwdriver to open this battery compartment, which uses AAA batteries (three of them) when the sound begins to be distorted.
What does LeapFrog My Pal Violet say and what does it do?
As I said before, it will mention your child by name (or in the case of your child having an extremely unique name, nicknames are available) and lists some of your child’s favorite things. It plays lullabies as well as other music, such as upbeat, up-tempo songs that are instrumental for sing-alongs or instructional; song choices and musical notes are selected by pressing the symbol on the left paw. Pressing the right paw conjures up little sentences that will help your child learn about colors, emotions, words and more. Pressing the right foot provides your child with five individual picks of bedtime or naptime calming music. Pressing it once gives you music for 2 minutes while pressing it twice plays music for five minutes.
And pressing the foot three times runs 10 minutes; just a little extra time for your child to spend with their cuddly LeapFrog My Pal Violet buddy before blissfully drifting off to sleep.
Top 5 Best LeapFrog My Pal Violet Toys
- Download your child's name and favorite things to this cuddly customizable puppy, Scout (Internet connection required)
- Listen to any of 5 pre-loaded songs, 4 learning songs and 3 playful melodies or select music from an online list of 30 songs (Internet connection required)
- Press Scout’s paws for lullabies, learning songs and activities with numbers, animals, food and more
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning ideas and insights from LeapFrog
- Baby Product
- Lovable plush learning companion for your child
- Cora can be personalized by connecting to VTech' s Learning Lodge
- Downloadable content includes your child's name, their favorite stories, songs and holidays
- An internal clock provides timely responses, birthday wishes and holiday greetings
- Touch points teach parts of the body