If you need the best set of kitchen cookware, or are buying your first pot and pan set, then you’ll have lots of cookware sets to choose from and will want to get it right.
In this cookware buying guide you’ll find out what you need to consider.
Quick Content Navigation
- Buying Guide
- Top 5 Rated Kitchen Sets Comparison
- All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
- Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
- KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
- Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Features of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Reviews of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Pros of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Cons of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Our Verdict
- You’ll need to decide which pots, pans and other cookware you actually use, what you’ve got, and what you really need. You might find that don’t need as much as you thought, or that you need a whole new cookware set.
- You’ll also want to think about the sort of meals that you cook and eat. Perhaps you host a lot of dinner parties or perhaps you’re new to cooking and are making basic meals.
- If you like cooking, and make a real effort with the sort of meals you create, then you might become better with the right kitchen cookware.
- Maybe you’ll need bigger or smaller pans, depending on your family size. If you have a large family, or enjoy entertaining friends and family, then you’ll bigger, or more pans. If you’re children have moved out, or you live on your own, then you’ll need fewer, smaller pans.
- You might have specific requirements for your pots and pans sets. It might need to be dishwasher safe, or you might want to be able to use some items in your microwave, or in the oven.
- Perhaps you’ll want your cooking pots and pan sets to look good in your kitchen. You don’t have to have stainless steel cookware these days, and you might want something more colourful.
- You’ll definitely want your cooks pots and pans sets to be durable, so that you don’t have to replace it. Some of the leading saucepan manufacturers offer guarantees of several years on their products, so you can be sure that your pans will last.
- You might be considering energy efficient cookware. These work by heating up sooner, so that they use less energy, and cook your food quicker too. As they use less electricity they are not only saving you money, but helping to save the planet too.
- You might have several cookware sets on clearance and cookware brands in mind when choosing your kitchen cookware. Pans by leading brands are used by some of the best chefs in the world, and found in the kitchens of the most prestigious restaurants. If the pans are good enough for chefs, they’ll be good enough for you.
- It’s important that you don’t buy on price alone. You’ll want to get it right first time, and avoid the expensive of mistake of having to buy another set of kitchen cookware. More expensive might mean more technology, and more efficient cooking, so it will be worth it in the long term. Now you know what to look for, you’ll be able to make sure that you get the right kitchen cookware.
Top 5 Rated Kitchen Sets Comparison
*Results Are Based On Amazon.com Cookware Sets Consumer Reports & Reviews*
All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
You are going to love the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set if you’re on the lookout for the best all clad cookware. It is made of industry-grade materials and is sure to last a very long time. Why should you consider spending your money on this particular all clad stainless cookware set? Because it is simply among the best in its price range. The individual pieces of the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set are all made with the same high standard that people have come to expect from the All-Clad line. Keep on reading to know more about this all clad stainless steel cookware set and how you can benefit from owning it.
- Features of the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
- Stainless steel body and copper core bottom
- Fourteen pieces, including lids
- Stay- cool handles
- Safe for use in ovens and all stovetop types
- Elegant design
A near-complete set of pots and pans that is suitable for everyday use. The All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set is composed of a Chef’s pan, a stockpot, two sauté pans of the 6 and 8 quart variety, a couple of frying pans- 10 and 12-inches around, and two sauce pans (2 and 3 quarts). All the pots and pans have partner lids, except for the two frying pans. That’s a total of fourteen pieces of high- quality cookware. Five ply construction makes the pieces of this best rated cookware set efficient and durable. Pots and pans in the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set are all made the same- five bonded layers of stainless steel with aluminum and a copper center.
This combination yields kitchenware that heats up quickly, retains the heat effectively, and distributes it consistently over the surface area. No hotspots will form, so you can be sure that your food is cooked evenly. Handles are designed for maximum safety and efficiency. Pieces of this top brand cookware set share a handle design that will allow you to touch them even while hot. This stay-cool feature eliminates the need for oven mitts in most cases. These handles are fastened into place by heavy- duty steel rivets that are resistant to corrosion.
Their shape allows for a firm yet comfortable grip and thus lessens the possibility of you letting them go by accident.
Easy to clean and maintain
Care for the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set involves a very simple process that involves no expensive or fancy tools. Warm water, soap, and a piece of cloth are all that are needed in cleaning the pots and pans. A mild polisher with no chlorine may also be used if you want your pots and pans to keep their sheen.
Real User Reviews of the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
This top rated pots and pans set has an outstanding 5- star rating from so many customer reviews on Amazon. Below are excerpts of some of the reviews for your perusal.
- “These are, I in my most humble opinion, the finest pots you can buy. They’re solid, beautiful (if you’re into pots) and well designed”
- “I find a great amount of pride in shining up the copper every couple months while cleaning them! They are a joy to cook with and will be here long after I am gone”
- “These pots and pans are fantastic – they heat so fast and evenly. I have had NO issues with food sticking to the surface and they have been very easy to clean”
Pros of the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
- Heats up quickly and evenly
- Compatible with induction stoves
- Easy cleanup and maintenance
- Stylish and sophisticated design
- Dishwasher safe
Cons of the All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
This pots pans cookware set does have a hefty price tag, but its quality more than makes up for it.
Our Verdict On The All-Clad Copper Core 14-Piece Set
You won’t regret investing on this cookware set, so do it now.
- 14-piece cookware set includes 10 inch and 12 inch fry pans, 2 quart and 3 quart covered sauce pans, 3 quart and 6 quart covered sauté pans, 12 inch covered chef's pan and an 8 quart covered stockpot
- 5-ply bonded construction with stainless steel, aluminum, and a thick copper core for even heating, warp-free strength, and reliable responsiveness
- Highly polished 18/10 stainless steel interior with starburst finish offers superior stick resistance and easy maintenance, plus won't react with food
- Riveted stainless-steel handles with venting and contoured for a comfortable grip; stainless-steel lids; flared edges; capacity etched on base
- Oven safe and broiler safe up to 600 degrees F; optimized for induction; dishwasher-safe; limited lifetime warranty; made in USA
Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
The Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set will make a fine addition to your quality kitchenware without denting your budget too much. Though it costs considerably less than other famous high-end kitchenware, this particular kitchen cookware set is often considered to be on the same level with more expensive models. The Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set is really a crowd favorite. Read on to know why.
Features of the Cuisinart MCP-12
- 12 pieces of stainless steel cookware including saucepans and skillets that comes in different sizes, a saut? pan, a stockpot, and a steamer insert
- Stainless-steel design with aluminum core
- Riveted and durable stainless-steel handles
- Interchangeable and well-fitting lids
- Beautiful brushed exterior and mirror-finish interior
Uses built-in technology that ensures even heating. The pieces of the Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set are all designed with a stainless steel exterior with aluminum core in the base and sides. This means you will have pots, pans, and skillets that will heat up quickly and evenly, ensuring food is cooked well with no burn spots.
Stainless-steel construction provides various advantages
Aside from the fact that stainless-steel is very durable; it also makes a great material in cooking because it does not react to food products. This means nothing in the Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set will alter how food looks or tastes.
Convenient lids and handles
The pieces of this Cuisinart pots and pans set all have interchangeable lids that are also made of stainless steel- safe for the dishwasher. They are designed to fit snugly so as to prevent flavor-loss. The handles are durable, stable, and remain cool on the stovetop.
Quality of high-end products without the hefty price-tag. This top cookware set is frequently compared to other brands and a lot of people agree that it performs up to par with top-of-the line products.
Limited lifetime warranty
You can have the Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set replaced provided all conditions in the warranty agreement are met. On the off-chance you get products with slight problems, chances are you’ll have replacements in no time at all.
Reviews of the Cuisinart MCP-12 Cookware Set
The Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set has an impressive 4.6-star rating from many cookware set reviews on Amazon. Here are some samples of what other people have to say about it:
- “Well thought out and well executed design. This is the set you want…
- “I’ve owned this 12 piece set for over a year, and can’t offer enough praise. It still looks brand new…
- “I’m extremely happy with this purchase. Good quality cookware has made cooking a better experience for me. It really does make a difference…
Pros of the Cuisinart MCP-12 Set
- Heats up evenly due to aluminum core wrapping
- Safe to use in the oven and the dishwasher
- Interchangeable, well-fitting lids
- Easy to clean
- Compatible with newer designs of induction ranges
Cons of the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Due to the materials used in creating the pieces of this kitchen pots and pans set, they are best used in slow cooking over low to medium temperatures. Using high heat run the risk of burning food and damaging the product. Keep this in mind, especially if you are a bit impatient. On the other hand, slow-cooked food is often more flavorful and delectable.
If you need a professional nonstick cookware set that performs well but costs considerably less than professional brands, the Cuisinart cookware set is for you. Don’t hesitate to invest on it now.
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids, Triple-Ply construction includes the unsurpassed heat conductivity of a pure aluminum core. It insures maximum heat retention and even heat distribution, eliminating hot spots
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
- Dishwasher safe, Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food's natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Covers are dishwasher-safe
- 12-piece cookware set. The set consists of: 1-1/2- and 3-quart covered saucepans; 8- and 10-inch open skillets; 3-1/2-quart covered saute pan; 8-quart covered stockpot; steamer insert with lid. 12 pieces total.
KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
The KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set is an excellent example of great-quality kitchenware sold at a reasonable cost. This KitchenAid cookware set will cover your most basic kitchen needs- frying, sautéing, cooking soups, and making sauces. You will accomplish all of these without any hassle- the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set is designed for maximum efficiency. Read on below to see what its features are and how you can benefit from using it.
Features of the KitchenAid Gourmet Cookware Set
- Set includes Pots, Pans, and Skillets
- Stainless steel design with encapsulated aluminum base
- Stay-cool Silicone Handles
- Fitted Lids
- Safe for Oven and Dishwasher
Ten pieces of quality kitchen utensils you’ll be able to use every day. The KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set is composed of two open French skillets measuring 8 and 10 inches respectively, an 8 quart stockpot, and three saucepans in 1, 2, and 3 quart sizes. The stockpot and the saucepans have their own matching lids. These pieces of cook ware covers almost all the basics that an average home kitchen needs so you won’t have to buy more pots and pans, saving you money.
Durable stainless steel construction
The pieces of this Stainless Steel cookware set are made of dishwasher safe stainless steel that makes them very resistant to shock and enables them to withstand a lot of punishment. You can be sure that the KitchenAid 10-Piece Cookware Set will last long given proper care and maintenance. Encapsulated aluminum disc base provides consistent heating.
The KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set has pots and pans that have aluminum bases that allow them to capture, retain, and distribute heat consistently. With this kitchen set you’re one step closer to good- looking and delicious food.
Lids and handles made for safety
The pots and pans of this cookware set all have 18/10 stainless steel handles- 18 parts steel and 10 parts of nickel combines into a strong and durable material. Silicone grips encase the handles, allowing it to stay cool even in direct heat. Lids are designed to fit perfectly; preventing spills and allowing food to retain its flavor.
Reviews of the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials
This cookware set has a 4.5- star rating from many customer reviews on Amazon. Below are excerpts of these reviews, keep on reading to find out what other people have to say about it.
“Simply amazing, can’t be beat. Such value for money here, no need to spend 3-4x as much on… (Read More)
“Better than expected. This set is much better than I expected it to be. The pans are… (Read More)
“No problem on the cleaning. It was very easy to me. The cooking was very evenly heated and all of my foods came out very good…
Pros of the KitchenAid Gourmet Cookware Set
- Easy to clean
- Great value for price
- Reliable and sturdy
- Food does not stick with proper oil use
- Elegant and stylish
Cons of the KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless Steel Set
If you’re transitioning from cookware with non-stick coating, remember to put a small amount of oil when the pot or pan you’re using is heated- this way you’ll prevent food from sticking to the surface. Also, this cookware set is not compatible with induction ranges but should be fine with other stove and oven types.
This best rated stainless steel cookware set is all that it claims to be; effective utensils at a reasonable cost. You can’t go wrong buying it, so do it now.
- Includes: 1-1/2 Qt. and 3 Qt. Covered Saucepans, 8 Qt. Covered Stockpot, 3 Qt. Covered Saute, 8-1/2-inch and 10-inch Skillets
- Dishwasher safe for convenience
- Thick aluminum core at base gives superior heating efficiency; encapsulated in stainless steel for durability and suitable for all stovetops including glass and induction
- Handles crafted of a combination of soft silicone and quality stainless steel: oven safe to 400 degrees F
- Glass lids feature a unique silicone rim to create a tight seal, help lock in flavor and prevent rattling.
Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
The Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set is for you if you are looking for a high- quality combination kitchenware set that have both cast- iron and stoneware pieces. This Le Creuset cookware set will make a fine addition to your kitchen. Though its price is a bit steep at first glance, you’ll soon that every penny is worth it. It is designed to be efficient, reliable, and durable and it does not disappoint. Keep on reading to know more about the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set and how you can benefit from having it.
Features of the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
- Twenty pieces of excellent cooking ware
- Cast-Iron and Stoneware designs
- Porcelain enamel coating
- Fitted lids
- Phenolic handles
A complete set of pots, pans, and lids that will cover just about everything an average household will need. The Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set is composed of cast iron pieces: oven pan, covered saucier, square grill pan, roaster, and covered stockpot. It also has enameled stoneware pieces, namely: a nine-inch square dish, casserole with lid, and casserole dishes.
These pots, pans, and dishes come in various sizes and can be used in a variety of ways. You can choose between using cast-iron and stoneware to suit any given situation. Cast- iron cookware and stoneware cookware have distinct advantages. Cast- iron pieces are able to retain an excellent amount of heat and distribute it evenly without developing hotspots and thus cooking food consistently. Stoneware pieces are designed mainly for oven and broiler use and are resistant to any food reaction- foods will not react with it nor leave undesired odors.
Both the cast-iron and the stoneware pieces of the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set have an enamel coating that protects them from chipping and scratching easily. This set is very durable and will surely last for a very long time given proper care and maintenance. Perfectly fitted lids keep in aroma and flavors. The pots and pans of this best rated cookware set all have corresponding lids that fit them perfectly, preventing spills and splatters. More importantly, these lids keep food flavors in while cooking, thus allowing for foods that have more flavor and nutrients.
Suitable for use with latest kitchen technology. The cast-iron pieces of this best pots and pans set may be used with induction stoves, aside from the regular gas and electronic ones. Stoneware pieces are obviously not compatible with induction ranges but are perfect with ovens and broilers. Though the recommended cleaning method is washing by hand, these pieces are dishwasher-friendly as well.
Reviews of the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
This cookware set it is made from the best nonstick cookware material and it has a perfect 5- star rating from many cookware sets customer reviews on Amazon. Read on to see what other people have to say about it.
- “Easy to use, easier to clean up, and all the pieces look fabulous… (Read More)
- “I highly recommend this set! Food cooks perfectly and the pieces cleans up so easily – my potatoes dauphine come out extraordinary because of the porcelain enameled cast iron pan… (Read More)
- “This is one of the best cookware we have brought so far. Even though we only used it for a week we can tell it cook the food more evenly and cooks the food faster…
Pros of the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
- Heats up evenly
- Food does not stick
- Inductions stove and dishwasher compatibility
- Outstanding looks and design
- Great quality for price
Cons of the Le Creuset 20-Piece Cookware Set
The dishwasher safe cookware set may be a bit pricey but its quality and durability more than justifies the hefty price tag.
You won’t regret investing on this cookware set, so go get it now while stocks last.
- Set Includes: 10.25-inch Cast Iron Skillet, 1.75-quart Cast Iron Saucepan with Lid, 4-quart Rectangular Stoneware Dish with Lid, 4.5-quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid, 6-piece Utensil Set, 8-quart Enameled Steel Stock Pot with Lid, Four 8-ounce Mini Round Stoneware Cocottes with Lids and a 64-page Le Creuset Mini-Cocotte Softcover Cookbook
- Enameled cast iron cookware provides even heat distribution and superior heat retention; colorful exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- The inner cooking surface features a black enamel finish which requires no seasoning to seal in juices creating a succulent and tender meal
- Enhanced handles are 45% larger, distributes the weight evenly and easier to grip when wearing oven mitts
- Lifetime warranty; Signature Cast Iron Skillet, Saucepan, and Round Dutch Oven made in France. Stoneware Rectangular Dish, Mini Round Cocottes, Enameled Steel Stock Pot, and 6-piece Silicone Utensil Set made in Thailand
Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
The Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set is a collection of the most basic and frequently used pots and pans. You’ll definitely love this Rachael Ray cookware set once you have them in your kitchen. The individual pieces are made of high-quality materials that make them strong and durable. Cooking will become much easier thanks to non-stick pans and pots. Keep on reading this cookware review to know more about the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set and how you can benefit from using it.
Features of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Collection of pots and pans in different sizes
- Anodized Aluminum Design
- Dishwasher Safe
- Non-Stick Interior
- Fitted Lids and Rubberized Handles
Includes the most common pots and pans used in the average kitchen. You’ll be delighted to find that the pieces in the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set are designed for everyday use; almost all the things you need to cook on a daily basis will fit on one or several of the pieces. This set includes a couple of Open French skillets, measuring eight and ten inches around. There’s a six- quart covered stockpot for soups and broths, two covered sauté pans; a small 1.5 quart version and a 3 quart version, and a three quart covered sauté pan.Made of industry- grade materials that ensures durability and efficiency.
The pots and pans in this cookware set are constructed from anodized aluminum that makes them light yet durable. This material also allows for effective heat capture, retention, and distribution. Even heating throughout the cooking surface, with no hotspots, will help you make well- cooked and visually appealing food.
Non- stick interior makes cooking easier. You’ll never have to worry about food sticking to the bottom of a pot or pan since all the pieces of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set are equipped with a non-stick cooking surface.
This feature also helps make transferring from pot to plate a lot easier, a cleanup will be a breeze.Includes tiny details that make a lot of difference. The pots and pans in the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set all have silicone handles that are easy to grasp, flared rims facilitate dripless pouring, and well-fitting glass lids keep flavor in and reduces spillage and mess.
Reviews of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
This cookware set has an impressive 4.7- star rating from 20 reviews on Amazon. Here are some samples of what other people have to say about it.
- “We’re extremely happy with ALL the Rachael Ray cookware items we own and use – they’re just …
- “I simply LOVE this cookware! It is so fun to use and cleanup is a cinch!
- “These pots and pans are very nice and would last you years. The orange grips are easy on the hands…
Pros of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
- Nonstick surface is effective
- Light but durable
- Easy to clean
- Great quality for price
Cons of the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
Though the pots and pans of this cookware set are compatible with all types of cooking surfaces, you should take extra care when using old- style electric stoves with coil burners because the pans sometimes tend to slide off them.
This cookware set has great value for price and should be at the top of your to-buy list. Go get it now.
- Set includes: 1-quart,covered saucepan, 2-quart,covered saucepan, 6-quart,covered stockpot, 3-quart,covered saute, 8.5-inch skillet, 10-inch skillet
- Dishwasher safe. A long-lasting nonstick interior lets food slide off with ease and makes cleanup quick and easy
- Grippy handles - fun rubberized handles are oven safe to 350 degrees F
- Tempered glass lids; Lifetime limited warranty
Last update on 2017-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API