A question that has plagued many parents over the years is: What makes the ideal gift for baby’s first Christmas? Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks are a strong contender.
Young children, especially babies, need toys that are educational and interactive. Ideally, the toy should be helping the young child achieve an important developmental milestone, appropriate for his or her age group. Baby’s First Blocks help in several different ways, but what really counts is how much fun they have with the toy.
The idea behind Brilliant Basics is to provide a child with simple, classic interactive toys that match the child’s level of development. Baby’s First Blocks are brightly colored shapes that have corresponding holes in the lid of a bucket. At first, the colors will stimulate the child. As they start learning new things, they will be intrigued by the different shapes, and enjoy holding them. And a busy baby is a happy baby.
A child can fill the bucket with the colored blocks and dump them out, or he or she can drop them into the bucket through the shape sorting lid. Both of these activities are excellent practice in developing hand/eye coordination and fine and gross motor control. As a child grows older, the Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks grows with him. The blocks can be stacked and sorted, so that the child can learn about identifying colors and shapes and matching colors and shapes.
Choosing the right toys for young children is an important decision. See, lots of modern toys having flashing lights, bells, and whistles, but in some cases, this will over-stimulate a child. This can have a negative effect by shortening their attention span and limiting the idea of interactive play. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks are an interactive and educational toy and an excellent way to insure that your child’s developmental needs are met while his or her curiosity about the world is nurtured and nourished.
Top 5 Best Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks
- Baby can sort and stack and learn to identify and match shapes
- Shape-sorting lid and 5 different shapes help build early identification skills
- 10 colorful blocks are easy to grasp, hold and store inside bucket
- Carry handle for take-along fun
- Interactive learning aid
- Rock-a-Stack toy lets baby sort & stack the five colorful rings, then bat at the wobbly rocker base to discover what happens
- Baby's First Blocks offer put & take play, as well as stacking, sorting and matching to help baby develop problem-solving skills
- Grasping & sorting help baby develop finger & hand dexterity; placing blocks in bucket helps strengthen eye-hand coordination
- Stacking rings on the base from biggest to smallest helps baby understand the concept of relative size
- This duo of classic Fisher-Price toys will keep baby busy through every age, from infant to toddler - providing crawling to sitting to walking play
- Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks
- Babies love the fun and repetition of put-and-take play. It's fun for baby to put the blocks in the bucket one by one, and then exciting to dump the bucket so all the blocks come tumbling out-over and over and over again! And while they're having fun, they're exercising important developing skills, too, like eye hand coordination (and other motor skills as they grasp, put, take and dump!), and thinking and problem solving skills.
- Baby's First Blocks is a fun way for you to extend play into an early-learning opportunity for baby, introducing baby to colors, counting and shapes as you play together. As baby puts blocks into the bucket, identify colors ("That block is red..."), shapes ("Look, that's a triangle!"), and counting, as baby puts all 10 blocks into the bucket one by one. Pretty soon you'll be able to ask baby to find a red block, or a triangle block-and even count!
- Baby's First Blocks "grows" with baby's developing skills! When baby's ready for a little more challenge, the shape sorter lid fits right on top of the bucket for sorting and matching play. Five shaped openings encourage baby to match shape blocks to the openings, and then fit them through the lid to drop into the bucket. And when baby's done, of course it's fun to dump the bucket and do it all again! Baby's First Blocks introduces baby to colors, counting and shapes View larger
- One Baby's First Blocks toy: bucket with carry handle, removable shape sorter lid, and 10 colorful shape blocks
- Fisher-Price Baby's First Blocks
- Age Range: 6M+
- Ten bright blocks for sorting, stacking and shape-matching fun!
- All ten blocks fit inside the bucket for storage
- Baby's First Blocks includes 10 colorful blocks that are easy to grasp, hold and store inside bucket
- Stack & Roll Cups includes 11 textured pieces to stack, roll, nest and explore
- Basics Rock a Stack comes in a bright colors, shiny reflections and swirling beads stimulate visual development
- Hands-on activities strengthen baby's sense of touch
- Enhances gross motor skills as baby bats and rocks the toy