While the idea of delicious crepes can sound absolutely intriguing, the idea of trying to cook with a pan that cannot actually handle making crepes is a complete disaster.
Picking out the best crepe pan is one of the most important parts of the delicious treat and a good pan really is possible to find without spending a fortune.
While many companies may try to convince you that a $200 pan is necessary to make crepes it is possible to make them much cheaper with a pan that is still nice if you know what you are looking for.
Top 5 Best Selling Crepe Pans
- The hard anodized exterior is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for extra durability and professional performance.
- Quantanium interior, a patented nonstick cooking surface reinforced with titanium, provides healthful nonfat cooking options and easy clean up
- Solid stainless steel riveted handles stay cool on the stovetop: provide a safe and solid grip
- Tapered rim eliminates drips while pouring
- Oven safe to 500 F. This pan is not induction ready.
- Make delicate crepes and blintzes quicker and easier on this 13 inch crepe maker
- Control your temperature precisely with our precise temperature dial
- Large 13 inch aluminum non-stick plate is also ideal for pancakes, eggs, and much more!
- Batter spreader, essential for making an ideal thin crepe, is included
- Indicator light tells you when plate has reached desired temperature for cooking
- HIC's French Crepe Pan offers the perfect cooking surface for creating, flipping, and plating perfectly thin, crisp and delicate crepes every time
- Made in France from blue steel; easy to season and maintain; nonstick quality improves as natural patina builds up with use over time
- Shallow depth and flared sides flips and plates delicate foods easily; great for crepes, pancakes, and fried eggs, pan searing meats, fish, and more
- To season, scrub with hot, soapy water, dry thoroughly; add cooking oil to cover bottom and heat until it smokes, discard oil, wipe with a paper towel
- Contoured handle assists in swirling batter easily for thinner crepes; hand wash with hot water and sponge; dry thoroughly
- NONSTICK COATING: for easy release and cleaning - No need for a crepe spreader.Quality, heat responsive non stick cookware with stay cool handle.Provides healthful nonfat cooking options and easy clean up
- PERFECT HEAT DISTRIBUTION: 4-Layer Hard Aluminum heats up quickly and is more scratch resistant and durable - Tight fit to seal in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results - Safe to 500 °F
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Faster than a crepe maker pan.The crepe flips out of the pan with no tools required- No need to spray any oil on the pan
- MADE IN EUROPE: Best Seller in UK, this well constructed Crepe Pan is made in Europe, not China - Quality and durability
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: When you order our Crepe Pan today, you're protected by a 60 day, no-questions asked money back guarantee and world class customer service!!
- Round cast-iron griddle provides exceptional heat retention and distribution
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use; vegetable oil evenly baked into surface
- Sturdy handle with hole for convenient hanging when not in use
- Rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly to clean; oven safe to 500 degrees F
- Made in the USA - Measures 1/2 by 10-1/2 by 15 inches; limited lifetime warranty
Make sure you get the appropriate size, somewhere around the 10” size tends to work best for most. You could always opt to go smaller or larger but this will frequently require more skill.
A standard crepe pan is in the 10” range, which makes it quite easy to ensure you are getting the right pan for your needs. If you are looking for something larger make sure you that you are not getting a pan so large that you cannot control it.
Ensure you are only buying something that is non-stick. Any pan that is not non-stick will have your crepes sticking very quickly and easily ruin the presentation as well as the entire treat. Getting a non-stick surface is absolutely critical because it will ensure that your crepe just slides off the pan beautifully once you are done cooking.
Find a pan that is comfortable in your hands if possible. Not all pans feel the same; if you are able to actually handle the pans, this will allow you to select the pan that is most comfortable for your needs. For example, a crepe pan that has a strange shaped handle could interfere as you are trying to cook because you cannot grip the handle firmly. A comfortable feeling in the hand will ensure beautiful food.
Make sure your crepe pan is fairly shallow. If you have ever looked at actual crepe pans, you have surely noticed that they are not excessively deep. This is something that you cannot ignore as you are working to select the correct crepe pan. The best pans that are made specifically for crepes tend to be shallow enough, but if you are selecting a different pan to use, ensure that it is not too thick.