We all know how every keeps their drinks cold. Fridges. However, for the beer connoisseurs, the true taste comes from kegs.
So what is a beer kegerator?
They are basically containers that are able to dispense beer through their taps, also known as draft beer coolers. If you drink from them often, its worthy to note that they will cost much less than to drink from a bottle! Besides the dispensing features, it also has what a refrigerator has. Keeping your drinks chilled and icy cold for your drinking pleasure!
What makes these beer kegerators so special is that they are able to produce fresh flows of beer from a single tap. However, most importantly the taste. Everyone knows drafted and crafted beers from these coolers tastes much better than the ones that are bottled or canned. Now you can have draft beers at home! Once you go keg, you never go back!
They come in all sorts of sizes, ranging from small and mini ones to larger and huge ones. The larger a kegerator is, it will most likely taste better as well. However, they are not cheap, even though its a worthy investment for a connoisseur.
You can generally have savings of up to 60% when purchasing a keg, subjecting to the brand of the beer. With these kegerators, surprise your guests, friends and families to a whole new drinking experience. If you are more on the budget side, a cheap kegerator would be a nice investment to make. I hope that at the end of this article you will be able to purchase the best beer kegerator that suits your needs!
Quick Content Navigation
- So what to look out for?
- Top 5 Best Beer Kegerator Reviews
- Mini Kegerator Refrigerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – EdgeStar
- KRUPS and HEINEKEN B100 BeerTender with Heineken Draught Keg Technology,Black
- Edge Star single tap beer keg cooler
- Smart+ Products SPP155BDSSSmart+ Products SPP155BDSS
- EdgeStar Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser
So what to look out for?
- Capacity. Of course, the bigger ones will have larger capacities. However, what we want to know is the beer kegerator storage size. Basically, keg beers come in different sizes. These are the barrels that you place into your beer kegerator so that they can dispense the drinks. Since they come in various sizes, they also have a nickname for each one. They can range from a full sized to a 1/6th to a 1/4 or to a 1/2 barrel. This is where you have to be careful, because buying a keg size too large and it may not fit into your kegerator. However, you do not have to worry about this as reading your kegerator’s specifications will give a good idea of what beer kegs will fit. Head over here to find out more about the keg sizes.
- Temperature. They are just like fridges, where temperature is an important factor in you buying one. Each keg will offer a different temperature range. However, to taste quality beers, you do not need very cold temperatures as it reduce the taste of your drinks.
- Taps. Many offer single tap dispensers. What this means is that you place a barrel in it and it dispenses that particular brand for you. If you get a dual tap dispenser, however, you get to taste 2 different kinds of beer. A pretty neat feature for those who likes to appreciate different kinds of beer. Also, you may have guests that drink a particular brand. Just load it up on the other dispenser and you are good to go! A win-win situation.
- Storage duration. Many kegerators have different technologies built within them. However, most of them use carbon dioxide to keep constant pressure on the beer, allowing for longer shelf life. This means that you can leave your beer in it for longer periods of time without having to change it if you are unable to finish its contents. They generally range from about 1 month to 3 months.
- Display. You wouldn’t want to monitor your kegerator’s temperature through a temperature measuring device, wouldn’t you. Many kegerators offer a variety of information on their screens. This includes humidity, temperatures and much more. An important feature to look out for when choosing a kegerator to buy.
- Cleanliness. Like all liquid storages, from your water bottles to your drink holders, they also need to be cleaned after each use. However, they cant be cleaned just like any other household items. Kegerator coolers and its equipment needs to be cleaned with a cleaning kit like this one here Keg Works Deluxe Beer Line Cleaning Kit.
- Size. These kegerators come in different sizes, so finding the optimal size for yourself is beneficial as you do not want to have too large a machine that you place it in your home!
Top 5 Best Beer Kegerator Reviews
Now that you have a better idea on how it works, lets get to the exciting part; buying one! There are so many beer kegerators out on the market, which are the good ones? No worries as these are all best beer kegerators that are highly rated on the market that I highly recommend. The best beer kegerator journey starts below!
Mini Kegerator Refrigerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – EdgeStar
Mini Kegerator Refrigerator & Draft Beer Dispenser – EdgeStar. It features a 5L keg capacity, which is easy to install and find. Perfect for small gatherings where you want to keep its contents icy chilled. It is able to cool its contents within a temperature range of 38F – 54F, which can be tailored to any beer that you decide to use!
It measures 13 x 15 x 15 inches. With this size, you can place it on the tabletop and it will fit in right away. Now everybody gets a fresh cold flow of drinks! Definitely one the best kegerator in its range!
KRUPS and HEINEKEN B100 BeerTender with Heineken Draught Keg Technology,Black
KRUPS and HEINEKEN B100 Kegerator. This kegerator provides you with home draught beer at your fingertips. It uses Heineken’s DraughtKeg system that ensures that its contents will remain fresh for up to a month as it releases co2 when the tap is pressed. This creates a fresh flow of quality beer that you can enjoy. It uses 5L kegs that are easily available.
Simply place it into the KRUPS machine and you are good to go. It takes no longer than a minute to place the keg into its system. It features a cooling system that keeps its contents cooled at 37.4F constantly. It features a black exterior with an elegant steel like trim in the middle, making it able to complement any setting!
It is one distinct kegerator to get. It measures 21 x 12 x 18 inches. If you are looking for a nicer designed kegerator than the Edgestar above, this will be the best beer kegerator for you!
Best Single Tap Kegerators.
Edge Star single tap beer keg cooler
EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator. Supports 1/2 and 1/4 kegs and has a co2 cylinder to keep your drinks pressurised. Has wheels for easy portability and comes in a fully black exterior. Provides you with drinking quality and taste similar to that of bars and pubs at home! It is made with high quality USA components that will ensure its durability.
It comes with a 5 pound co2 cylinder that will allow you to keep your beer fresh, no problem! Now your enjoy your draft beer at a single tap. It measures 48.5 x 20.1 x 24.1 inches. Simpy slide it beside a table or place it at a corner and you now have a home bar. I recommend this unit if you are looking for a single tap kegerator as features everything that you need at a reasonable price. One of the best beer kegerator in its range.
Smart+ Products SPP155BDSSSmart+ Products SPP155BDSS
Supports 1/2, 1/4 and 5L kegs. It has a stainless steel exterior coupled with its black finish that complements any setting due to its stylish design. Has a Co2 cylinder within its structure to help keep beer fresh. Features a temperature range between 34F to 45F, allowing you to cool its contents to your liking.
It measures 47.2 x 21.2 x 25.2 inches. By removing its complementary shelves, you can turn this beer keg into a 6 cu. ft. capacity refrigerator! This beer kegerator is for those who seek versatility and adaptability. It is very convenient to use a pretty good buy at its price for its functionalities.
EdgeStar Full Size Dual Tap Kegerator & Draft Beer Dispenser
A dual tap keg dispenser that is affordable. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for one with two taps. Supports 1/2 or two 1/6 kegs so that you can have 2 different beers to savour at once.
With its all black exterior and USA made components, this is one kegerator that is built to last! It has a pound co2 cylinder on the inside to ensure fresh quality beer. It measures 48.5 x 20.1 x 24.1 inches. Now you can spice up your gatherings by showing off this beautiful centrepiece.
The two taps are a really neat feature to have and you can have your guests select their favorite of the two choices. I highly recommend this kegerator if you are looking for a dual tap kegerator. It is definitely the best beer kegerator in its category for its price range.
That comes to the end of this article! I hope you guys have learned a thing or two and are now more informed to make your purchase. The best kegerator will always be open for debate. However for now, I am sure the Edgestar dual tap kegerator is a strong competitor!
Embark your journey for the perfect and true taste! A Beer kegerator is really awesome and once you own one, you would probably use it every time you want to drink. Your friends and guests will also be able to enjoy the ultimate beer keg experience. Definitely a worthy purchase for all beer lovers!
If you still prefer to drink from cans and bottles, you may also want to look at beer fridge reviews as they provide the cooling solution for you!