The Air Swimmer Remote Control Incredible Floating Shark (Or Clownfish) is a kids toy. We’ll state that right up front. But no matter what anyone tells you, this toy is not just for children. Adults will love this one too. In fact parents will find all kinds of uses for this one. Imagine someone walking into your home and being surprised by this large shark flying fish toy through the air in your living room. Fun!
Quick Content Navigation
What Are Air Toy Swimmers?
OK, so lets back up and talk about what this is. Basically the Air shark is a remote control toy. Nothing new about that right? Except this remote control Swimmers toy is large, a whopping 57 inches long and 36 inches tall. It’s also inflatable. And of course, it’s an air shark. And as it moves in the air it’s tail moves back and forth, thus giving the illusion that it’s actually swimming in the air.
Top 5 Best Selling Air Swimmers
- Two Air Swimmers with two remotes for two player indoor fun!
- Moves like a real fish and steers in any direction!
- For ages 8 and up.
- Exclusive to Chachi Toys. Any other merchant is selling a fake product. Beware of items shipping from China as they are counterfeit and may be dangerous.
- NOTICE: Do not purchase this item if you reside in cities with very high elevations such as Denver, CO. Thin air makes the Air Swimmers difficult to fly.
- Bring Angry Birds to Life! Attack the bad piggies!
- Zooms in any Direction
- Easy to Assemble and Fly - Less than 5 minutes
- New improved "Turbo" Design and Rechargeable Battery
- Only official, authentic Rovio Angry Bird Air Swimmer product in USA - Buy Quality.
- Flies Up to 40-Feet Range Infra-red Control
- Clownfish Measures 57 x 36 Inches
- Requires helium to float - can be reinflated over and over
- Stays inflated for up to two weeks.
- Requires 4 AAA Batteries (one in the body, three in the controller)
- Moves like a real fish
- Provides hours of easy remote control indoor fun (not for outdoor use)
- They require only four AAA batteries (one in the body, three in the controller)
- Flies up to 40 feet
How’s that for unique? Oh, and you can get a floating Swimmers Clownfish too. You might think that since this is large, storing it will be a problem. That’s wrong. Remember, it’s inflatable, which of course means you can deflate it when you are done. Of course you can’t just blow this one up. You’ll need helium to inflate it. But once it is inflated it will stay that way for a couple of weeks floating through the air if you don’t deflate it first.
You may also expect something this large could be a real problem with kids flying it in your home. But again, the Swimmers designers have this taken care of too. The design of the air toy means it will not go crashing into your things. It will merely bump into objects and walls gently.
Steering is not a big problem either. The remote control is easy to operate and allows you to move the rc flying Swimmers shark up and down, and around in a big 360 degree circle too. You can even be in the next room. The remote, utilizing 4 AAA batteries, will work from up to 40 feed away.
Is it Good For Kids?
You bet it is, if they can pry it out of your hands! You’ll love it, but they’ll love it too. Just like you’ll love surprising your friends, they’ll like surprising theirs. It even comes in the Swimmers Angry Birds model.
Now let’s talk about some drawbacks. For some, the fact that you need to fill it with helium is a problem, but it shouldn’t be. It’s not hard to find a helium canister that you can purchase. Or you can take the shark to a party store and they can fill it for you. Remember it will last for 2 weeks in the air so it’s not like you’ll be running out daily to fill this thing up.
But be careful getting it back to the truck. And don’t use the Swimmers remote control fish outside. Remember this is filled with helium, and just like any other helium balloon it will fly away into the air if you don’t keep it tethered. Although a 5 foot shark floating in the sky would be quite a site.
Air Swimmers Have Two Options
We’ve been talking about the radio control option because it is, in our opinion, the better option. But you can get an Swimmers infra-red version as well. The radio control is better for a couple of reasons. It’s easier to maneuver because it has a larger flying range. And you won’t lose your connection when you move the shark around doors and corners.
If you want something unusual, something not everyone else on the block will have, the Air Swimmers is a great toy for any time of year. But if you buy it for your kids, don’t forget to let them play with it every once in a while.